Sokolac Municipality

Monuments & Memorials


Village/MZ Address Name Type Year Author Still Exists Date Mapped Description
Sokolac Town centre Park of National Heroes Memorial Park 1978 Yes
Sokolac Park of National Heroes Memorial ossuary of fallen fighters Ossuary 1951 Yes Reconstructed 1969. 365 fallen fighters and 6 National Heroes buried here by 1975. Today, approximately 980 names are inscribed on the monument.
Sokolac Park of National Heroes Bust of NH Slaviša Vajner Čiča Bust 1979 Kosta Angeli Radovani
Sokolac Park of National Heroes Bust of NH Pavle Goranin Ilija Bust Dates to after 1966
Sokolac Park of National Heroes Bust of NH Pero Kosorić Bust Dates to after 1966, almost certainly after 1969
Sokolac Park of National Heroes Bust of NH Grujo Novaković Bust Dates to after 1966, almost certainly after 1975
Sokolac Park of National Heroes Bust of NH Danilo Đokić Bust Dates to after 1966
Sokolac Park of National Heroes Bust of NH Mihajlo Bjelaković Bust Dates to after 1966
Sokolac Park of National Heroes Bust of NH Marko Ećimović Bust Dates to after 1966
Sokolac Park of National Heroes Bust of NH Milan Šarac Bust Dates to after 1966
Sokolac Park of National Heroes Bust of NH Jovo Janković Bust Dates to after 1966
Sokolac Park of National Heroes Bust of NH Milanko Vitomir Bust Dates to after 1966
Ćavarine Memorial fountain to fallen fighters of the NOB Fountain Reconstructed 2008, with plaque to commemorate 1992-95 war added
Dikalji Monument to Olga Dedijer Monument 1945
Košutica Communal grave of Victims of Fascist Terror executed in mosque in July 1943 Communal Grave Yes 74 individuals buried. Names (re-)added after 1995.
Ravna Romanija Ravna Romanija elementary school Memorial plaque Memorial Plaque Almost certainly dates to before 1978
Kula Monument to Victims of Fascist Terror Monument
Podromanija Ossuary of 13 fallen fighters of the First Proletarian Battalion Ossuary Yes Reconstructed 1973. Connected to ossuary of Victims of Fascist Terror
Podromanija Ossuary of 54 Victims of Fascist Terror Ossuary Yes Reconstructed 1973. Connected to ossuary of fallen fighters